Are you keeping up with the latest flooring trends and ready to update your floors for your home or investment property? When it comes to installing a new floor, you want your choice to tick some really important boxes. Your floor needs to be:
- Visually appealing and stylish
- Comfortable underfoot
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Timeless so it does not date
If you wish to update your home (or investment property), your floor is a great place to start and is one single aspect of your house that can completely transform your space. Following flooring trends, and with the right flooring solution, you can create a seamless flow throughout your home, delineate specific areas, or completely modify the tone of a room.
Ultimately, you also wish to select flooring that is modern yet timeless.
Flooring Trends for 2020
In 2020, it’s all about replicating natural materials (such as wood and stone) for hard floors and providing carpets that are more technologically advanced and user-friendly.
Industry experts predict the following will be the top flooring trends this year and into the foreseeable future:
- Natural Effects: there are now vinyl and hybrid vinyl floors that remarkably mimic materials that are both natural and man-made, including natural wood and stone. Wood-look flooring has been the top hard floor trend since 2018 and it will remain very much on-trend.
- Waterproof Flooring: modern homeowners seek durability and easy maintenance alongside style, especially if they have kids or pets. Waterproofing for your floor is no longer limited to tile – Vinyl hybrid and vinyl, while engineered wood offers a level of water resistance.
- Texture: smooth floors are classic, yet 2020 trends will see us embrace texture. Whether texture is applied to carpets or engineered wood floors, we will be seeing a lot more floors which resemble reclaimed, distressed, wire-brushed or hand-scraped hardwood for a one-of-a-kind result. For vinyl, tile, and laminate, creative patterns will be very on-trend, including effects that concrete, hexagonal, herringbone, chevron, and mixed-width patterns.
- Sustainability: more of us are environmentally-conscious and we want to know that our homes are made with sustainable materials. Flooring that is crafted from natural, recyclable, renewable, reclaimed, and homegrown materials is more popular than ever before.
- Blonde: blonde wood flooring and honey tones are having a renaissance of sorts, while the clean lines of white and grey remain popular. Alternatively, high-variation dark-wood effects are popular for those seeking a more traditional, classic effect.
- Style: if you want to create an aesthetic that nods to farmhouse, coastal, or industrial style, 2020 is your year. Floors that mimic wide or mixed-width hardwood planks are very popular. These options are more eco-friendly than natural wood, and engineered wood floors are almost impossible to discern from natural hardwood floors.
- Carpet: the focus will be on colour, pattern, and texture. Innovations in carpet fibres will offer beautiful, warm floors that are durable and easy to maintain.
Flooring Trends at Impact Floors
Newer materials in the flooring arena maximise on stylish durability.
Here at Impact Floors, these include waterproof vinyl, carpet, and stunningly-beautiful engineered wood flooring. We have a very wide range of the latest products in an array of colours so that you are spoilt for choice. Our low-cost flooring solutions are anything but “cheap”- with us, you get a floor that looks a million dollars and is unique for your home.
Choose Flooring at Impact Floors
Impact Floors is a top provider of trending flooring solutions on the Sunshine Coast. We are locally-owned and operated, and we cater to the budget-conscious and midpoint customer with a focus on residential and investment flooring solutions. We are abreast of the current flooring trends and we have the perfect flooring product for your needs.